Pages

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Eatin' Out 'N' About at Zato's for dessert ~ Bonney Lake, WA

Zato Grill & on FB
20609 SR 410E  Bonney Lake, WA


Coming straight from a bizarre birthday celebration dinner, we head over to Zato's for dessert and coffee.  I've only been here once before for MY birthday in December, and though the food was good, the service was a little off (1/2 of us got our drinks 1/2 hour before the others) so we haven't been back.
About 8:30pm on a Sunday meant the place was a little empty so we had our choice of seats.  Near the back right is a sweet round table with these super comfy chairs....ahhhh.
For some reason they only have the food and drink menu online so I don't have the "official" names for the desserts but it's pretty much: molten chocolate cake, sugar-free cheesecake, apple crisp with ice cream, and a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup cheesecake thing (am I missing one?).  Each were only $5.50.  Since I had a bunch of leftover chocolate desserts from an event I went to recently, I decided on the cheesecake.  Which, of course, they were out of so I got the Reece's.  My friend also wanted cheesecake but since she's eating sugar-free right now, she had to skip dessert all together.  Bummer.
Dawn said that the chocolate cake WAS good but I liked my Reece's- though I only ate 1/2 of it.  Birthday girl Dani was nice and let me have some of her apple crisp.  YUM.  Also, the stinkin thing was H.U.G.E.  
At the epic-fail dinner we had earlier at Chopstix Dueling Piano Bar, our "hot" coffee was pretty much ice cold so we were hoping for an improvement but the coffee here wasn't very warm either- one of the gals asked for hers to be nuked.  But since (hottie!) waiter Eric accidentally left them off our bill (told us to not worry about it), we didn't mind too much.  So, my verdict is- Zato's is a GREAT place for a little dessert but with a price tag of $2.50+, I think I'll save my coffees for what I really want at Starbucks and just order hot tea next time.  Thanks Zato's for the dessert- we'll be back....and maybe give dinner another try!

No comments:

Post a Comment