Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

Friday Flick- My top picks for Julie Andrews

October 1st is Julie Andrews birthday who is one of my FAVorite entertainers. To honor her, I couldn't just pick one movie for today so I thought I'd highlight my top choices:

OF COURSE everybody loves Sound Of Music and Mary Poppins- that goes without saying!


Victor Victoria
Golden Globe Award for Best Actress- Motion Picture Musical or Comedy and Nominated for Academy Award for Best Actress
Any musical is a good but there's lots of controversy here!  Sexual identity is at the core of this movie, and it involves lots of mix ups and misunderstandings.  James Garner is one of my fav classic male characters (he's also in my hubby's #1 movie Maverick).  

Throughly Modern Millie
Nominated for  seven Academy Awards and five Golden Globes.  
Is about a girl that decides she wants to marry her boss and all the craziness around that (co-starring Mary Tyler Moore so that's expected).  Set during the Flapper Era, there are lots of fun songs and a streak of criminal activity!


So now I think I'm going to look into a few I seemed to miss:

  1. Hitchcock thriller Tom Curtain  (A Hitchcock I haven't seen??? Not sure if that's right)
  2. Hawaii which was the highest grossing movie of 1966
  3. Darling Lili was nominated for Golden Globe Best Actress and Motion Picture Musical or Comedy
  4. The Americanization Of Emily- both James Garner and Andrew considered it their favorite film they appeared in

No comments:

Post a Comment