Pages

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Recipes- Crepes Jenettes for my Birthday Breakfast!

The day after Christmas, we were packing up to leave my parents' home in California for an 11 hour drive back to our house.  The FOLLOWING day is my birthday so my Mom Karen prepared me a special breakfast of sausage, bacon, crepes, French toast and juice.  YUM.

Crepes Jenettes

3 eggs beaten
1 cup flour
2 Tbsp powdered sugar
2 Tbsp orange rind (I didn't put this in..but should have)
1 cup milk
1/4 cup water
Mix together and cook crepes
I used my electric grill at 350 with a little olive oil. And ladled (using my small gravy ladle) two spoonfuls on and spread around with the back of the laddle, so it is thin.

Orange Sauce

1/4 cup butter
1/3 -1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
1 cup powdered sugar
Cook on stove until hot and starts to thicken

When first batch of crepes are cooked, spoon small amount of sauce on crepe and roll add a little sauce on top, put in 9x6 pan and keep in warm oven until all are done before serving pour on more sauce and sprinkle with powdered sugar,serve warm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment