Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Eatin' Out 'N' About at Sorci ~ Sumner, WA

Weekday summer afternoon
1012 Ryan Avenue, Sumner, WA 98390
www.sorcisitaliancafe.com


I always call this "MY Italian Restaurant".  It is a little off the Main Road with nothing but a sandwich sign on the corner so it seems that nobody knows about it!  Can't remember when I first came here- sure it was with the girlfriends out shopping. I've been here for birthdays, lunches with friends, and even during a quiet-argument-filled-anniversary-lunch with my hubby!

The place is definetly small but cozy- I can see big groups eating here (in fact- check their website about cooking classes and movie nights).  Since it's such a nice day, my friend Dawn and I opt to sit outside though it's crowded (we're happy as long as there is an umbrella seat available!).
The outdoor seating is tiny, tiny, but perfect for dining in small groups.  They have attempted charm with a couple of statues....but it could use a  touch of polish.  The inside, though, is exactly what you would expect from a quaint Italian cafe- lots of greenery and structure style designs on the walls.


The last few times here I have eaten the Caprese (my FAV thing- order it!) but I wanted to try something new so I ordered the Spinach, Feta & Sun Dried Tomatoes Panini (which came with a regular tomato too...by mistake?).  It's regularly $6.95 but I got the Lunch Special of 1/2 a Panini with a small cup of Asparagus Soup for $7.00 (side choices were the soup, Caesar salad or Misto).  The sandwich was really good- though at first I was afraid there was no feta (was placed mostly in the center), and I enjoyed the Asparagus Soup after I added salt.
Dawn decided on a beer and the Tuscano Panini but she opted for the side Misto Salad.  The Tuscano is not normally a part of the Lunch Special but the waitress made an exception (cause Dawn is cool like that).  When her lunch came, she was a little dismayed by the portion sizes since she was starving but she said, "The salad had just the right amount of dressing (usually orders that on the side, but forgot), and it was zesty- but not too spicy.  My sandwich was also delicious.  I love Italian Sausage so it definitely hit the spot.  Once I was finished, I'd realized the portion was actually just the right size.  Filling me up but leaving just enough room ice cream later.  I was satisfied, but not over full."
Usually their food case is filled on one side with food items you can take home like prosciutto wrapped asparagus and on the other little desserts but it was sparse today.  Also, the gelato case was completely empty, too...hmmm.  But since we weren't taking anything home, it didn't seem to matter to us- we hit McDonald's for an inexpensive Snack Size McFlurry instead!

Overall we had a great lunch date. Dawn summed it up the best:  "All in all, good food and fun with a great friend!  Definitely recommend to friends and would go there again- even if just to have a drink with appy and enjoy the ambiance".  Thanks Dawn for lunching with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment