Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Eatin' Out 'N' About at Windmill Bistro ~Sumner


Windmill Bistro August 2010 on a Tuesday for lunch
16009 60th St E Sumner, WA 98390
www.windmillbistro.com 
To celebrate a birthday for one of "The Hungry Housewives", we decided to head down the hill to the Windmill Bistro.  Originally a private residence built during the turn of the 20th century, this building has been recreated into a charming little restaurant.  Though this was the birthday girl's first time eating here, I had been here before a few times- once while I was a coordinator during a wedding, again for another birthday lunch, and I've attended one of their tea events.  Our goal was to sit outside but it was a little overcast when we first arrived so we sat in the cozy main seating area.  
Alisa (me!) and Tamie  (far right is a friend of mine Diane who works here)

Birthday Girl Stephanie and Tari






Soup Of The Day- Broccoli Cheese 
Dungeness Crab Melt and Caprese Sandwich- both with Coleslaw with an Arnold Palmer
The soup I had was creamy with bits of brocoli and carrots and I absolutely ADORED my Caprese Sandwich!  Caprese is one of my favorite dishes but I've never had it on bread- and this one included a large red grilled pepper.  I was worried that the moisture of the insides would make the bread soggy but it was toasted just enough.  YUM.  One of the gals tasted my coleslaw and suggested salt and I really liked it....not too tart.  Tamie also liked her lunch saying that her Dungeness Crab Melt was just as good as when she had it the last time she ate here.




Steph's Side Salad (she substituted that over fries or coleslaw) was a tad over ripe so it was a little bitter, but she thought her "Our Favorite Gyro" was excellent.  She said it was "warm, with the pita being perfect- not too dry.  The beef was a good texture... nicely cooked".  Unfortunately Tari's Chicken Walnut Salad Sandwich was just "OK" but her Bistro Salad was "Fabulous!".  She said that the combo of the candied walnuts with red onions, tomatoes, and blue cheese was tasty (in fact, after she had this dish before, she tried to recreate it at home!).


OF COURSE, as we were leaving the sun came out and people were now eating outside.  Oh well, we'll just have to come another day!!!  Happy Birthday Miss Stephanie!!!  Love you! 









1 comment: